Monday, July 20, 2015

Benefit They're Real Push Up Liner & Mascaras - In Colour! Review



Benefit They're Real Liner & Mascara in 'Real Colours'*

We all remember the launch of Benefit's Cult 'They're Real' Push Up liner this time last year. As a lover of the 'They're Real' mascara, I was fully behind the hype of this revolutionary liquid liner set to answer all of our uneven flick woes. It was my first major beauty blogger event in London and I was so excited to one of the first bloggers to hear about it and try it. Armed with my goodie bag I thought about my perfect flicks all of the way home - only to be totally, well, deflated.
 If you're like me and stuck the liner in a drawer to gather dust alongside other disappointing releases, then this might be the time to get reacquainted. There are plenty of reviews of the liner out there, like the mascara, it's a marmite product where bloggers either are head over heels in love or really don't get along with it.
But when the colour range landed on my doorstep I just had to have a play around with them. This liner isn't like any others out there and does require a little bit of patience and getting used to. But trust me, anyone can get the knack of this, and once you've got it, you'll love it. My technique is putting the mirror right under my face and getting right in with the liner against my lash line and using it in small strokes. If you're wanting to drag this across your lid in one line, it's just not going to happen. The formula is amazing but dries really quickly so you don't want to be layering over it, just gliding it on slowly in small movements.
I went for big blue flicks with the mascara and I really loved this ultra dramatic pop-art look that I ended up with. What I really like about this range is that it encourages you to be a bit more creative, but it's really easy to work it in to your usual look. If you're wanting to do something toned down but with a pop of colour, the blue liner is more of a dark navy which makes a really easy alternative to black. The purple is also a really deep colour that is easy to wear but just adds that extra element to your make-up. At first I thought I would never be brave enough to wear these, but actually, it's opened up my mind to a whole new range of colours that usually I wouldn't go near. I'm also loving the green which looks surprisingly neutral and will look so beautiful on brown eyes. The browns are great, too, especially for minimal make-up days. But if I had to pick a favourite, it'd definitely be the electric blue mascara, especially with a plum smokey eye.

Overall I really like this launch and for any Benefit lovers it's a great way to repurchase one of your favourite products but try it out in a whole new range of colours. If you need any more inspiration, just visit a Benefit counter because the girls' takes on the colours just look so beautiful and will get you inspired to try something new with your make-up!

Would you try this? What do you think of the new colour range?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment