Wednesday, April 22, 2015

NEW IN | Bourjous Aqua Laque Lipsticks

Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque Lipsticks* L-R, Babe Idole, Brun'Croyable, Feeling Reddy

Prepare for some serious swooning, because Bourjois have just launched a new lipstick line-up. I always love a new Bourjois launch, so when these landed on my door step I was super excited to give them a whirl!

Aqua Laque is the latest addition to Bourjois' 'Rouge Edition' liquid lipstick range. Last year the Rouge Edition Velvet lipsticks were one of my favourite launches. With their velvety matte finishes and gorgeous shades, they definitely took up a prized spot in my make-up storage and set the bar high. But the Aqua Laque range is on the other end of the lipstick scale. Set to 'break all the rules', the watery formula and high shine finish teeters somewhere between a stain and a gloss.

But don't let the "gloss" word put you off. These aren't the uber shiny, low pigmentation and sticky nightmares you might have tried in the past. Liquid lipsticks are something that just shouldn't work, but somehow, they really, really do. When I first applied them, I made the mistake of whacking it on like your standard creamy lipstick formula. But the liquid can definitely be over done and it's best to apply a little bit of the product then smudge out to leave more of a stain. As a girl who usually prefers mattes, I'm really liking these lipsticks for all-day, no-budge, summer shades.

Unlike the heavier matte finish of the Velvet range, the Aqua Laque is a super light-weight formula that makes you forget you're even wearing lipstick. They last for a good three hours but fade out to a stain so your lips always have a little bit of colour.  With an 8 shade strong range, there's a shade that everyone will love, spanning right from girly pinks to killer reds.  The shades I have are 'Babe Idole' a gorgeous baby pink, 'Brun'Croyable', a classy brown shade with the right amount of red, and 'Feeling Reddy', the perfect fire truck red.

Overall, these lipsticks tick all my boxes and I can definitely see them becoming my go-to for summery lipsticks. Now just let me wear 'Babe Idole' with a Pina Colada on a beach somewhere and we're good to go...

Have you tried these? What do you think of Bourjois' lipsticks?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

Follow on Bloglovin

       TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK 

No comments:

Post a Comment