Monday, April 13, 2015

The Red Lipstick That Every Woman Needs


MAC Russian Red

If there's one make-up mantra that I go by,  it's to never underestimate the power of red lipstick. Having one on hand has been a life saver on the many occassions where I've been in need of a serious confidence boost. There's something about a red lip that can take you from binge watching Friends in bed to full on power woman ready to kick life in the ass.
 I've loved red lipstick since discovering Courtney Love, aged 14, when I first embarked on my teenage exploitation of inappropriate make-up choices. Nothing screams teenage rebellion than a bold red lip, right? Despite red being my favourite lipstick colour, when it comes to my favourites, the stash is pretty small. There's plenty that haven't made the cut - but some contenders are the NARS 'Short Circuit' plus an array of the budget Kate Moss x Rimmel shades.
But did you guess the red in question? Of course, it's MAC'S 'Russian Red', a firm beauty blogger favourite and the perfect step to a classic Marilyn red. With its creamy matte finish and blue undertone, it seems to suit every skin tone, making it an easy and classy shade to wear.

What's your favourite red lipstick?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

Follow on Bloglovin

       TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK 

No comments:

Post a Comment