Thursday, November 20, 2014

My Autumn Face





MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation | MAC Pro Longwear Concealer | Too Faced Long Wear Lipstick in 'Melted Violet'* | Benefit Hervana Blush* | Benefit Majorette Blush*
SHOP THE POST:


Let's be real. Being a final year student, my daily make-up menu consists of a one-sweep wonder eyeshadow and neutral lip to power through the day. But I can never part from my love for bright, bold lipsticks for long, and lately it's been all about the purple. I blogged about my three favourite shades recently, so here's the Too Faced Long Wear Lipstick in 'Melted Violet' in action. This is one of those 'wam, bam, thank you ma'am' kind of lipsticks which is why it I love it so much. It has the texture of a gloss but packs crazy pigmention and doesn't feel gloopy and gross on your lips.

Onto skin, I was convinced by one of the MAC girls to switch up my MAC Studio Fix for the MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation. In the summer months I'd been on the hunt for something that wasn't going to dry out during the day and didn't feel so heavy on the skin. This foundation is a good medium coverage, perfect if you don't have much you need to cover up and makes a much lighter to wear alternative to Studio Fix. But if a high coverage and flawless finish is what you're after then go with Studio Fix, all the way. The product I've really fallen in love with from MAC over the past few months has to be the Pro-Longwear Concealer. My NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer had finally given out so I felt like it was time to try something new. I love NARS for a creamier concealer which illuminates the skin in all of the right places. The MAC formula sits is somewhere between creamy and firm, has a matte finish and most importantly does not budge. For a concealer that lasts FOREVER and isn't going to crease on men, MAC has to get my vote over NARS.

Keeping it simple for the eyes, I used 'Naked' from the NAKED1 palette for a neutral base shade and layered 'Woodwinked' from my MAC palette which blends out into the most gorgeous glittery-brown. I haven't been feeling liquid liner lately so used my MAC 'Teddy' eyeliner to line my eyes and blended it out with my Real Techniques detailer brush to smoke it out.

The blush that has been seriously exciting the beauty bloggersphere has been the release of Benefit's Majorette blush. I've never been one for bright blushes, but I've fallen for the silky to powder finish and the soft, peachy glow it gives when applied with my Real Techniques buffing brush. Majorette can also be worn as a primer for your favourite blushers, so I dusted Hervana over my cheeks for a dusty rose finish.

What do you think of this make-up look? Have you tried any of these products? What products are you wearing at the moment?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment