Wednesday, November 12, 2014

OOTD | A PERSONAL NOTE...

Coat - Primark (similar here & here ) | Dress - Missguided | Boots (currently out of stock) similar here & here - Topshop | Headband* (similar here & here) | Bag* (similar here, here, here)- Forever21 |

I hate to start a blog post with something negative, but it feels a little strange sitting down to ramble about my outfit without some kind of explanation for why I've barely blogged for the past month or so. I see my blog as my creative outlet, and when inspiration isn't striking, or my heart simply isn't in it, it tends to take the back seat. Lately I've been finding it hard to remember my camera or to set aside those few hours to take photos in the sunlight. I'll never desperately try to sell you something on here, everything you read is always written in my own voice and that is why I'm okay with things getting a little personal. If I don't feel that something is 100% then I won't publish it at all, and I've always felt that if a blog isn't personal, then what's the point?

Being a perfectionist is tough to deal with, sometimes it motivates you and other times it leaves you wrapped in a blanket on your bed, ignoring your schedule and watching Orange is The New Black instead. I have to remind myself that it's okay to have these blips. You can't do everything all of the time, and sometimes it's better to just to do nothing at all for a while until you can get it together again. But inevitably, everything starts to pile up, and if you've ever battled with anxiety or OCD you'll know what I mean when you end up procrastinating to the point of what feels like no return. With deadlines looming, work piling up, and graduate anxieties kicking in, my blog just hasn't fit in. I've realised that it's time to get my shit together, but I've only been able to do that with some time to clear my head and get my passion for what I'm doing back.

Anyway, on a happier note, let's talk clothes! This Primark teddy bear coat was such a steal for just £20 and I've barely taken it off since I bought it. I can't really get over the quality of it, it's genuinely just as fluffy as the Topshop ones and is perfect for cold, winter mornings. As for the Missguided dress, I nabbed this in the sale and it's adding to my ever-growing collection of cobalt blue pieces. Headscarves, chunky boots and fluffy coats are everything I love about A/W fashion.

What do you think of this outfit? Have you ever felt like you've lost your blogging mojo? How do you stay on top of things?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment