Friday, January 16, 2015

Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencils

Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencils - Red Essential, Light it Up, Nude Perfection

Heading into Boots is a beauty lover's obstacle course. You know the drill: cotton pads, micellar water, deodorant, out. Does it ever happen? Nope.
My lipstick collection is ever expanding so an offer on the recently released Maybelline Colour Drama Lip Pencils was too hard to resist. A few of my favourite bloggers had reviewed them as perfect budget dupes for the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, and at £4.99 each, I thought I might as well give them a whirl.
Although I've never tried the NARS ones myself (£18 is just too steep for me - yikes), I'm super impressed with Maybelline's budget version. I have fallen in love with these pencils which are without a doubt my favourite drug store release of 2014. I've tried my fair share of lip crayons to only find disappointment, either too waxy and drying, or too watery and glossy. But these little crayons pack amazing pigmentation, have an easy to apply creamy formula and stick around throughout the day. For 4.99, what more could you want?!
The colour range in Boots has plenty of colours to choose from.  The reds have stolen my heart and I've been wearing them constantly; Red Essential is a beautiful and classic blue-toned red, whilst Light it Up is more orange toned. Nude Perfection is a great everyday shade and makes the perfect budget purchase for a Kylie Jenner nude lip. I've got my eye on the pink shades and can definitely see my collection of these pencils growing!

Have you tried these? 
Lydia Rose,
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment