Monday, January 5, 2015

WHAT I WORE | THE ROLL NECK JUMPER

Roll Neck Jumper (Similar herehere, here, & here), Missguided Fur Coat*, Leather Shorts (similar), Vivienne Westwood Bag, Thigh High Boots 

Let me introduce you to my new baby. If you've been reading my blog for a while now, then you'll know that I'm a huge Vivienne Westwood fan. I was incredibly lucky to have Santa bring me this beautiful, baby pink addition to my Vivienne Westwood collection. Vivienne Westwood has a special place in my heart. When I was a teenager, I was a goth, red-haired, anti-everything kind of girl. I was may more interested in counting down the next day to a gig than any designer my friends were interested in. Don't get me wrong, self-expression was always important to me, and believe me, my Doc Martens and bat girl dresses had a lot to say.
Flash back to a school trip in Paris and the girls in my year being too scared to go into Louis Vuitton because they'd heard that security kicked you out if you didn't look rich enough to buy anything. I stomped in, and I didn't get kicked out, maybe security just weren't sure what to do with me. But the expense, the luxury, the lavishness, it was all wasted on me -- I couldn't have cared less if I tried. Stupid people, who could possibly care that much about a bag?
 It took me a long time to fall in love with fashion, but cutting P.E and reading a book on Vivienne Westwood changed my little world. McQueen, Meadham Kirchoff, Westwood, they're all brands which have changed my relationship with fashion, with art, with the way I view the world, but ultimately myself.  Now I know the power in a bag that makes you feel that you can take on the world, just like my steel-toe capped boots used to.
Would goth girl Lydia be horrified to see her 20 year old self wearing a pink designer handbag? Of course. But that's the fun in self-expression, my inner goth girl is poking fun at fashion. She's still there, the cynicism is still there, it's all a joke, really. It's good to keep in touch with our teenage selves. I'll never lose sight of her.
Anecdotes aside, let's talk about fashion. I've been loving chunky roll neck sweaters lately, I just can't get enough of them. I'm always cold, so a cosy jumper with this amazing Missguided fur coat thrown over is my perfect winter outfit. I dug out my Zara leather shorts which have been gathering dust in my closet this winter but I've been dying to wear them with my thigh-high boots. I think they look pretty bad-ass, but only if you're bad-ass enough to bare the cold.

What do you think of this outfit? Do you have any special fashion memories, or designer pieces you love?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

SHOP THE POST:
Disable adblock to view



No comments:

Post a Comment