Thursday, February 19, 2015

5 Ways To Grow Your Blog


Twitter Chats
When I first started my blog the Twitter chats were the main way I gained followers. It’s a great way to get to know other bloggers and become involved in the community. If you’re regular to the chats, people start to follow without you having to harass them and you’ll begin to form friendships with other bloggers. This is a far more successful way to network than constantly spammng ‘HEY, FOLLOW MY BLOG! I’LL FOLLOW BACK!’ At the end of the chats there is a link swap where everyone exchanges links and then checks the blogs out. Way less spammy that begging people to follow you!

Advertising on Other Blogs
In the past I have advertised with some of my favourite bloggers. If a blog you read that has similar content to yours and offers advertising it’s worth considering advertising with them. My general experience of this, though, has been a bit hit and miss. I’ve personally found that spending your money on the more expensive packages pays off more than buying the smaller adverts which end up featured right at the bottom of the page and don’t get you much traffic. Make sure you have a really eye catching button which sums you up and your site to make sure you get peoples’ attention.

Writing Helpful Content
Funnily enough, like the post I’m writing right now! I think over the past year or so there has been a real shift in blogging. Sharing your daily outfits and basic reviews just aren’t enough to get you noticed in the blogosphere anymore as it’s just so saturated. I always find that my post popular posts are ones which are either helpful to people, opinion pieces or just generally personal. When it comes to deciding a topic for these kinds of posts, take inspiration from the blogs you like to read and put your own spin on them. Basically, just write the blog you’d want to read and it all comes easily.

Basic SEO / Naming Photos
This is something that I have only got the hang of in recent months and it makes a HUGE difference. Search engines look for keywords, so for example, my NARS Foundation review is one of my most viewed because I’ve used keywords well so that it ranks highly in a google search. Also, always name your images with keywords so that when people are typing, for example, ‘Missguided Valentina Heels’, they will be more likely to come across your image through Google and then may check out your blog.

Having a Strong Social Media Presence
This may sound self explanatory, but having a strong social media presence means being active online more than just spamming out links to your latest posts. Instagram is one of the most useful ones for bloggers as you can treat it like a micro expression of your blog, and bloggers always seem to have quite a lot of followers on there. Use every social networking site going but actually make sure you’re using them enough to be worth having.

What are the main things that have grown your blog?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment