Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Tools Every Beauty Blogger Needs!


When it comes to advice on starting a beauty blog, my usual response is JUST FREAKING DO IT. But there's no denying that there are tools and tricks out there which make writing your beauty posts that little bit easier. Here are the tools you need to get started...

For Keeping Notes: The key to running a blog is staying organised. I invested in this beautiful Kate Spade planner which I take with me everywhere and use to plan out the week, schedule posts and write to-do lists. If you're not one for writing things down, then using the 'Notes' section on your phone is the perfect way to keep tabs on your ideas on the go.

For Taking Selfies: If there's one thing I wish I invested in sooner, it's a remote. Swatches are vital to any review, but most people prefer to see how make-up looks when it's applied. This makes the whole process of taking a selfie SO MUCH EASIER. I bought mine here.

For That Perfect Photo Composition: If you rummage through my make-up bag, then no doubt you will find little pieces of blu-tack stuck to most of the products. It's the ultimate blogger life hack and makes shooting so much easier. Ain't nobody got time for products rolling around when you've just got the perfect composition.

For Swatches: Unless you want to be covered in swatches, make-up remover is an essential. I always give my products a wipe down so they look nice and clean in photos and having cotton pads on hand is super helpful when you're bulk taking photos.

For Photography: If you're wanting to up your photography game, then you might want to consider buying a good lens. A 50mm lens tends to be a bloggers' favourite as it gives you a really pretty blurry background. I bought mine here.

For Staying Connected: It's easy to take having an iPhone for granted, but I really don't know where I would be without it! It's so important to stay connected and tweet, Instagram and Facebook your heart away as a blogger.

What are your essential tools for blogging? 
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment