Monday, February 2, 2015

Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Brush Set | Review


Zoeva Rose Golden Luxury Brush Set - £55.00

Praise the make-up gods, these brushes have changed my life. Besides how perfect the rose gold handles look on my dressing table, these brushes definitely live up to the hype and are the best I've used so far.  Since using this kit, my make-up has seriously taken a step up. I feel like I have so much more control over my products now and can get a finish with them which I was never able to before. Real Techniques are a great introduction to using make-up brushes, but Zoeva give you the tools to do much more complex make-up looks. You get 8 brushes which include everything you need for the perfect starter kit:
106 Powder, 102 Silk Finish, 110 Face Shape, 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek, 142 Concealer Buffer, 227 Soft Definer, 231 Petit Crease, 317 Wing Liner.

To give you a quick low down on the eyeshadow brushes, I've been reaching for the 227 Soft Definer brush over the hyped MAC 217 - lately I've grown to prefer it because of the softer bristles and how effortlessly it makes blending product. The 231 Petite Crease seems to be a bit hit and miss amongst bloggers, at first I wasn't sure how to use it, but since watching Batalash tutorials religiously I've realised how essential this brush is. It's perfect for patting the product in the outer corner of the lid to get a much more defined and controlled final look.

As for face brushes, the 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek brush is what contour dreams are made of. The angled edge sinks right into the cheekbones to make it super easy to give definition to your face. The 102 Silk Finish is a huge step up from my Real Techniques Buffing brush, it buffs the product into the skin to give a truly flawless finish. The only brush I haven't 100% fallen in love with is the 317 Wing Liner, mainly because my liquid liner game really isn't that strong. But I'm sure that liner pros out there might be more impressed, but this is one isn't getting much love from me.

Overall, I am IN LOVE with these brushes and couldn't recommend them more. They work out to less than £8 per brush which is an absolute bargain for such high quality brushes and they definitely deserve all of the hype they're getting from beauty bloggers at the moment! They seem to have sold out on most websites, but you can still order them from the Zoeva website with £7.50 shipping.

What do you think of Zoeva brushes? What make up brushes do you use?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment