Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Valentine's Make Up Look



Valentine's Day. Is it just me or does this holiday always bring back a heap of awkward High School memories?! Crazy stalker boy leaving me Valentine's cards 3 years on the go with ever increasing awful messages, check. Wishing that the cute boy in my Art class would send me a love-heart shaped pizza rather than just getting stalked by crazies, check. Watching A Cinderella Story and crying about the fact that there was NOT ONE Chad Michael-Murray lookalike in my school, check check check. Now that I'm in a relationship I tend to pass up on Valentine's, we can show the person we love them whenever, right?! Plus, random surprises and someone doing something genuinely special for you counts so much more. But either way, I'm a sucker for all the roses and the novelties at this time of year, and even more of a sucker for a Valentine's inspired make-up look, so here's what I'll be wearing this V-Day weekend...

For the base I went for two of my all time favourite drug store products, the L'Oreal True Match Foundation (which I'm getting on with a lot more than my MAC Mineralize, tbh) and the Collection 2000 Concealer which we all know is just a winner when it comes to a budget concealer. For cheeks,  I used a combination of Benefit 'High Beam' mixed with 'Lollitint'* for as a really pretty base highlight for blush and contour. I just can't get enough of my NARS Virtual Domination palette at the minute which is just the palette of my dreams. I bronzed my face with 'Laguna', darkened it up with MAC 'Harmony' for contour and then went in with a little bit of 'Sex Fantasy' blush. Not forgetting the 'Miss Liberty' highlight for that little bit of glitter, duh.

Moving onto eyes, I used my Maybelline Colour Drama 24 Hour Cream Shadow pot in 'Permanent Taupe' which has to be one of my favourite cream shadow products of all time. It's perfect for patting on for minimal make-up days or using as a base to bring out the glitter in shimmer shadows. I used 'Star Violet' from my MAC palette which looks like a deep purple shade in the pan but actually blends out to this gorgeous purple-bronze because of its deep red-brown undertones. I took that in the outer corners and slightly in the inner, then patted 'Woodwinked' on the middle of the lid for a pop of gold. With 'Permanent Taupe' patted over 'Woodwinked' it creates this beautiful gold foil effect which is really hard to capture on camera but gives a whole extra dimension to the eyes IRL. I then deepened the look by blending a super dark brown matte shade 'Embark' in the outer corners. This look could easily be replicated using the NAKED palettes if you don't have any MAC shades! Finally for the lips I used the super cute baby pink lipstick 'Snob' by MAC, a much easier alternative to a classic Valentine's red if you plan on eating, drinking and kissing!

What do you think of this look? Do you have any plans fo Valentine's or awkward memories?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment