Monday, April 21, 2014

Building Up a MAC Palette #2: 'Embark' Matte Eyeshadow

MAC 'EMBARK' - £10.00

The MAC palette. It's that one item which gets every beauty blogger's heart racing. I have been chasing the thought of building up my own for some time - but it's an expensive, if not addictive, enterprise. Some of you may remember from this post that I recently bought a MAC quad. I started off with four shimmery staple shades. But now I've got the MAC virus - which mostly consists of obsessively googling swatches and forecasting my budget for the next year. Sigh. It's going to be a long and drawn out process, but I want to get it right. I've always loved collecting things and I find the idea of slowly putting together a beautiful palette of professional shades so exciting.  I'm going to be documenting my MAC journey as I add new shades and will be making the most of an audience of beauty experts. Basically, I need your advice.

Going Matte - I decided to go one step ahead and add a super dark brown shade to my collection. Embark is slightly too dark to be that one-wash wonder but it makes an incredible contour shade. I used to be all about the glitter. Matte shadows just felt too boring and like a waste of money. But Embark has definitely changed my mind - they add a whole extra element to your eyes which I just can't skip anymore.

My Style - Neutrals. Pastel pinks. Soft glitters. Golds. Lots of brown.

A Perfect Palette? - Something versatile, mostly consisting of the colours I listed, with a range of finishes but mostly glitters with maybe 4 staple matte shades. I'm open to versatility but anything too dark is a no. I'm still on the look out for that perfect highlighting shade, too.

Where You Come In - I want to know your must have shades, your tips for a perfect palette, the best finishes, what not to miss out.

What do you think of Embark? What shades would you recommend?


Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment