Tuesday, April 8, 2014

MAC HAUL


Once you go MAC, you never go back. Cliché but true. Being a beauty blogger means that I am constantly reading about and lusting after new brands and items I don't exactly need. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of amazing brands out there. But for me, MAC will always get the first place trophy.

There were so many things I had been coveting. I initially went in with a dark matte shadow for my palette and the infamous 217 brush in mind. Luckily an MUA was actually on hand without a life-long queue (shocker, right?) and she suggested 'Embark' for a dark shade. I tend to stay away from expensive matte shades because I feel that the ones in my NAKED palette suffice. But as soon as I tried this only I realised it just goes beyond them. Sorry UD, but once again MAC gets my vote. This looks incredible for a grunged up make-up look and as a contour shade for a smokey eye. I'll definitely be investing in some more matte shades in the future.

The MAC 217 Brush is a staple in pretty much every beauty blogger and vlogger's make up bag. I feel that I know enough about make-up and treat it as much as a hobby now to invest in some professional tools.  I'm completely in love with the effects this brush gives and it takes my make-up to a new dimension. My only problem with it is, as you can probably tell in the photo, since washing it once the hair has already started to stray slightly. If you have any tips on how to wash the brush to avoid this please leave them below!

The 'Let Me Pop' Paintpot does exactly what it says - makes your eyes pop. It's a really pretty shimmery cream shadow to pat all over the lid or makes an amazing base. It really brings out the shimmer in your eyeshadow when applied over the top and makes it much more long lasting. Finally, after seeing the 'Teddy' Eyeliner in Jayde's make-up video I'd been obsessing after it ever since. I'm not normally one to cash out on eyeliners but this has definitely been worth the ££. It's an intense, bronzey-brown with a golden shimmer running through it. When I'm not feeling thick black liner this makes a nice alternative and actually compliments my eyes a lot more.

What do you think of this haul? Have you bought anything new lately?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment