Thursday, April 17, 2014

TEEN IDLE | The Primark Mint Leather Skirt

Coat - Minkpink via Urban Outfitters 
Crop Top - H&M 
Skirt & Clutch - Primark
Boots & Bracelet - Topshop


You know those trends which you start off feeling nauseated by but end up falling for? Tartan. Check. Pastels? Check. I'm sure pastels become a trend every time spring comes around. I found myself saying in my much practiced Miranda Priestly tone, "Pastels, for Spring? Groundbreaking..." but there is something fun looking like a sweet shop gone wrong. I don't think I've ever been leaning towards so much colour in my life. I feel like you can have a lot of fun with pastels without being a total fashion victim.
This skirt has become one of my statement pieces this season. Everyone expects it to be an expensive brand, but nope, just a tenner from Primark. It's such great quality given the price and looks so cute on. Same for the clutch, I think I only paid £4-6 for it. I'm not one to do "Primark hauls" - I find the place too addictive and you come out with £50 worth of junk you don't need and then weep over wasted money. But every now and again I see something in there which I just have to have. 
I've been listening to a lot of Marina & The Diamonds lately which is what the title is all about. Is anybody with me in that Marina is pretty much singing about your life? 'Teen Idle' sums up mine. Maybe it's because I'm freaking about turning 20 in a few months. Sometimes I look back on my teenage years and think things like "I should've gone to prom", "I wonder what it's like to actually stay friends with people from school". I was so much a non-conformist that I even refused to write anything in the year book, even though those things would probably be hilarious to look back on now. Then I remind myself that I'm still kicking back in a pair of Dr Marteens and really don't care that much anyway. Yet here I am, giving into pastels. Funny what a little bit of a time can change.

Do you like this outfit? Are you wearing pastels?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment