Sunday, September 14, 2014

LONDON FASHION WEEK | DAY ONE



Top - Cow Vintage | Shorts - Zara (similar) | Bag - ASOS | Shoes - Chicwish | Ring - Gypsy Warrior | Head piece - ASOS
Thank you so much to Unlimitedbyjk for the photos!

So, this was my first season at Fashion Week not as an intern.  If there's anything I learnt from my first day there, it's that it's really important to plan everything out to the finest detail. The day started really well with Jamie Wei Huang at FashionScout and the Ones To Watch showcase which is always really exciting to see. I then trecked over to Waterloo, got completely lost and then finally found the venue for Fyodor Golan which was tucked away under a bridge. It looked like it was going to be amazing but the last 100 or so people got turned away which was so frustrating. So feeling pretty disappointed, especially as I'd missed Ong and the Amanda Wakeley presentation for Fyodor Golan, I headed back over to Freemason's Hall for Hema Kaul and Ashley Isham. Hema Kaul's collection was absolutely breathtaking last season but I have to say, her SS15 collection didn't live up to expectations. I loved Ashley Isham and the contrast of East and West in his aesthetic. There was an amazing performance element to the show which really brought the clothes to life, the models had this warrior vibe which I just loved.
So overall, my first day at LFW didn't really go to plan. But that didn't stop it from being a pretty amazing day, anyway. It's so surreal to be able to experience Fashion Week as a blogger and call my own shots But I did kind of find myself missing the chaos of being an intern, running from show to show and covering the backstage! It's all a learning experience, figuring out how everything works, and developing a new kind of pain tolerance for aching feet. Come back tomorrow to find out what I got up to on Day 2!

Lydia Rose,
xoxo


  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment