Saturday, September 27, 2014

HOW TO: MARCHESA SS15 INSPIRED WAVES



If you were following the #LFW madness, then you'll know that Toni & Guy were the sponsors, working behind the scenes at the key shows. One of my favourite shows this year was Marchesa and I loved the 'woodstock waves' seen on the models. Styling hair is definitely not my main talent, so if you love watching the catwalk shows but never think that you could recreate the looks, then this one is for you! Here are the three steps to catwalk hair...

1) Apply a thickening product like this plumping whip from Toni & Guy to add volume to your hair. Take a walnut sized amount and work from your roots to the ends. This creme product is the perfect consistency, it leaves your hair feeling light-weight and bouncy, without weighing it down with grease.
2) Using a diffuser, twist your hair into sections, then tousle and scrunch whilst blow drying for textured, volumised hair. Diffusers can be a little tricky to use, but after a few Youtube tutorials I think I (kind of) got the knack! What I like about this one by Toni & Guy is that it's collapsible, so perfect for popping in your bag if you're heading away.
3) You will now be left with messy, boho hair, so now it's time to go in with your straightener and tidy things up. This is a kind of 'fancy festival' style, so glossy, undone waves are what you're going for. Wrap your hair around the straightener and then pull down to create loose, undone looking curls.

Products used:
Toni & Guy Volumising Plumping Whip*
Toni & Guy Salon Professional Diffuser*
Toni & Guy Salon Professional Hair Dryer*
Toni & Guy Salon Professional Straightener*

Overall, I have been really impressed with the Salon Professional range. Toni & Guy are a brand I have trusted for a long time and I feel that you can definitely rely on them for high quality electrical products. The straighteners in particular are a dream to use, the ceramic plates have built in 'colour-lock' technology which is designed to enhance shine. This sets them apart from straighteners I've used in the past which have felt incredibly harsh on the hair. They heat up extremely quickly and have all of the features you would expect from a professional brand including adjustable heat and auto turn-off. The hair-dryer is powerful, styles quickly and is nice and light. I felt that I could've skipped out the diffuser from this look but wanted to see what results I could get with it. It was my least favourite product from the range, mainly because I struggled to use it and found it quite time consuming. I try to use as little heat as possible, so if I could've achieved a look I was satisfied with using just the diffuser on its own I would've been far happier. But if you're confident with a diffuser or determined to learn, this one is used by stylists at London Fashion Week and has been receiving great reviews. The fact that it's silicone means you can collapse it easily, which is perfect for storing away or taking away with you. Finally, all of the electricals come with a 5 year warranty, so if you need to update your electricals then this is definitely a brand to consider!
Don't forget to enter my giveaway to win one of the products for yourself!

What do you think of this look? Have you tried out the Toni & Guy electrical range? 
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment