Wednesday, September 17, 2014

LONDON FASHION WEEK | DAY TWO

Coat - Cage City | Bag - Vivienne Westwood | Shoes* - F21 | Sunglasses - Quay
Photography by UnlimitedbyJK

After such a busy day on Friday, my second and final day at London Fashion Week was much easier. Thankfully I woke up to coat weather which was a total relief after baking the day before. I was glad to have gone for a pair of lower heeled shoes as the day before was a bit of a battle.  I'm just not a girl who feels comfortable in flats, so a little heel is a must. I love the pop of red against this white mesh coat - red and cobalt are fast taking over my wardrobe for the new season.
As you have to do when you stop in a hotel, I went all out on the Premier Inn breakfast (does anybody else lose all self control when faced with a buffet?) then headed over to Fashion Scout for Zeynep Kartal which was the perfect start to the day. The collection was inspired by the novel 'The Secret Garden' and the concept of 'flowering out', the catwalk was blooming with delicate floral embellishment, pearlescent beading and a dreamy rose palette. One of my favourite looks was the boxy, silk capes - the models just looked ethereal in them and I'm definitely on the look out for one now.
I had a bit of time to kill so headed over to Somerset House to soak up all the street style and got lambasted by photographers which is really quite overwhelming but flattering at the same time. I met up with Joseph who took these awesome photos - he really is so talented and seems to shoot the image I have in my head. It's a fashion bloggers dream to have someone who seems to just "get it" take their photos. Definitely check out his blog and contact him if you're ever in need of photography!
Next up was Bernard Chandran who I loved when interning last season. The collection was titled 'Venus in The Daytime' and seemed to channel a hip-hop, "bad bitch" modern day kind of goddess. There was a fascinating contrast of the grecian gowns with modern panelling and mesh as the models walked to "bad bitch, bad bitch do your thing". To finish the day was Dora Abodi who I had been really excited about after reading up about the designer. Her work is dark and futuristic and inspired by baroque art which I'm obsessed with. The collection was a futuristic, gothic cult brought to life with a sci-fi edge and definitely appealed to my inner goth girl.
So after an amazing day, I headed back to Birmingham to see my boyfriend but didn't want the fashion chaos to end. Hopefully next time I'll be able to do the full five days!

Did you go to LFW? What do you think of this outfit?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment