Tuesday, March 17, 2015

One Step to Killer Cheekbones



Contouring has to be my favourite part of applying make-up. Ever since the Kim K contouring tutorials hit Youtube, I have been obsessed with the possibilities of lifting and defining my face. As a girl who's lacking in the cheekbone department, any product that allows me to create the illusion of chiseled cheekbones has me swooning. 
The Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow is a product that seems to be dividing beauty blogger's opinions. With its dreamy rose gold packaging and hyped up reviews, I've been wanting to give it a whirl for a seriously long time. I found myself browsing the Charlotte Tilbury counter in London's Selfridges, and armed with a Christmas giftcard that had been burning a hole in my pocket, I finally made the splurge. 
It's fair to say that I've tried my fair share of contouring products - MAC Harmony had always been my go-to for dramatic contour, with the NARS Laguna bronzing powder my favourite for bronzed and sunkissed skin. The first thing I noticed about using the sculpting powder is the buttery texture. It's incredibly easy to blend out and doesn't risk the muddy effect that you get with MAC Harmony, which makes it a product I would definitely recommend to contour newbies. 
Although at first it isn't quite as dramatic as you might expect for an expensive contouring palette, you can definitely build it up to a more sculpted effect. I've been dusting it on with a fluffy brush and then going back in with an angled brush to give a more chiseled look. Either way, this isn't a product that you can screw up with. It stays put throughout the day and doesn't go patchy or muddy like MAC Harmony, the flawless blendabilty is what makes this a new contouring favourite for me.
But it's the highlighting side that really makes this product worth the extra pennies. The highlight is flawless - it's a yellowy golden powder that illuminates the face beautifully. In the pan it looks a lot like the Mary Loumanizer which despite being a great budget highlighter just does not compare to this. It's got the perfect amount of shimmer in it so that it looks more sheen on the skin without giving that awful shiney flashback in photos. With the sculpting powder and highlight paired together, I am just in love with the sunkissed and sculpted look this palette gives. 
If you already have the NARS Laguna powder, would I say the palette is worth it? Probably not. But as I've said, the highlighting side makes the product a winner for me alone.  If you're looking for the perfect contouring and highlighting duo, this is definitely a palette I would recommend. But after all, a girl can never have too many palettes... Right?

Have you tried this? What are your favourite products?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

Follow on Bloglovin

       TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK 




No comments:

Post a Comment