Monday, March 2, 2015

WHAT I WORE | London Fashion Weekend

Fur Coat | Motel Crop Top | Jeans*| Missguided Perspex Heels | Vivienne Westwood Bag

After attending London Fashion Week for the past few seasons, I decided to give this one a miss. Although I love the incredible chaos of LFW, on top of my course at the moment it was too much to organise. Let me tell you, there is heaps of planning that involves a blogging trip to LFW and now that the pressure is on with my course I really couldn't afford to lose my focus. Being a good student this time took priority, but didn't do much other than give me serious FOMO. So, when the British Fashion Council offered me a press pass to attend London Fashion Weekend I thought, why not?! A chilled weekend in London was just what I needed, so I took some down time and headed to my favourite city with my boyfriend.
London Fashion Weekend is a great way to get a dose of the fashion week experience. If you're not sure of the difference, to attend London Fashion Week you need to be invited by the PRs who run the shows.  The weekend event is open to anyone and the ticket prices vary depending on whether you want to see a catwalk show etc. There are also a lot of designer boutiques for you to shop which are fun to look around. Each day a different designer showed their collection, including Sibling and Jean-Pierre Braganza, so for anyone interested in fashion it's a really amazing way to see designers they wouldn't get to see otherwise. I decided to go on the Saturday in the hopes of seeing the Alexander McQueen talk but sadly the room filled up an hour before it began which left me a little heartbroken. So if you do ever attend the event, make sure you get there super early, although hopefully next year they will do the talks in a larger room!
We caught the Halston Heritage show which was a beautiful collection and it was really exciting to see such an iconic American brand. After grabbing a coffee and rummaging through the different boutiques, we went to see another talk with Hilary Alexander who interviewed Holly Fulton. As an aspiring writer, it was fascinating to see such a succesful fashion journalist in her element and she made sure to keep the talk really interesting. I definitely have a new found appreciation for Holly Fulton, she talked through the individual pieces to explain the extent of the craftswomanship that goes into every item.  Overall I really loved the day and am glad that I attended, it was far more relaxed than fashion week, all organised for me and gave that little dose of the experience. I think it's definitely a great event for anyone who loves fashion, but be prepared as the boutiques are at luxury prices and are not going to be within everyone's budgets. I think it's worth the ticket price to see the the catwalk and trend shows, but the talks could definitely be improved next year by accommodating for the amount of people in a larger room.
By the end of the day we were so exhausted that we had a little wander around London then headed back to our lovely Premier Inn as I was kindly given a room for the weekend. The bed was so cosy that we ended up ordering thai food and having a few drinks in the downstairs bar before taking London on full swing on the Sunday!


Have you ever been to London Fashion Weekend? What do you think of this outfit?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment