Wednesday, May 21, 2014

BENEFIT BIG EASY | REVIEW

Benefit Big Easy Multi Balancing Complexion Perfector (Shade 01) - £27.50 *

I have to hand it to Benefit with their latest release - they have seriously ticked all of my boxes. I was initially hesitant about a product which promises to be 'bigger than a BB cream'. It didn't really make sense to me how a moisturising product could go to a powder without leaving my skin in a patchy, oily mess. And I'm sure most of us have had our fair share of bad experiences with BB creams by now. But how wrong I was.
It isn't a tinted moisturiser, BB cream or foundation but sits somewhere in the middle. The formula does initially feel quite thick for something which is supposed to offer more of a sheer coverage. But once blended, it gives a seamless, glowing and sheer finish as a good tinted moisturiser would. As you blend, it adapts to your skin tone which is perfect for fairer skin girls. I use the lightest shade and was a bit worried that the peachy tone might not work for me as I tend to sway towards more yellow undertones. This adapts to my skin perfectly without leaving any of those nasty orangey patches that a lot of products do. I've found products tend to give grand promises of adapting to your skin tone, but this is the only one I have found to truly work, which a tiny bit of the product on the back of your hand will prove.
The consistency will strike you as quite unusual at first. Benefit recommend that you apply this to a moisturised base and with your fingers. This works best for me when I have cleansed, exfoliated away dry patches and have applied a good layer of moisturiser first. If you're going for a sheer coverage your skin needs to be the best it can be before applying, otherwise you will more than likely be unhappy with results. I don't like to apply this with my fingers. The powder texture makes that a little bit difficult and it actually reminds me of the Porefessional in that it rolls up in your fingers. I find this looks best with a light layer buffed in with my Real Techniques blended brush, then a little bit more stippled on top. 
The oil control in the formula definitely works and the powder provides a really lovely matte finish. As much as I love the finish of the NARS Tinted Moisturiser, it requires constant powder touch ups throughout the day to steer oiliness. I can get away with forgetting my powder when wearing the Big Easy due to the liquid to powder formulation which is definitely a plus. 
Another bonus point for this product which can't be ignored is the 35 SPF which is perfect for spring / summer when you don't want to be applying suncream under your foundation. For this reason it does have a slightly suncream-like scent but this goes away once applied and doesn't sit with you throughout the day.
Overall, I'm really loving this product and have been wearing it every day since I received it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone with oily/combination/normal skin, however, dry skinned girls might want to stay away due to the matte and powdery finish. To try to show you how it looks most accurately, I took this photo in natural light and haven't edited it whatsoever. I'm pretty happy with the results!

Have you tried this yet? 
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

ps. "Lydia Rose XO" has been shortlisted in the Company Style Blogger Awards under the Best Personal Style Newcomer category. Click here to vote- it would mean the world! (You can skip the categories through to the end if you like to and then will be asked to enter your e-mail at the end). 
I would also love for you to nominate me for Cosmopolitan's Best Newcomer 

No comments:

Post a Comment