Saturday, May 17, 2014

NEW IN: SKINCARE


When it comes to skincare my routine is incredibly basic. But lately I've been trying out a few new things and trying to get into a solid routine. These are two new products I've been loving lately...

Lush 'Dark Angels' Cleanser - As someone with sensitive skin, I've always loved Lush's products for the natural ingredients. I actually went in wanting to buy a Cupcake face mask (isn't that just everyone's pre-teen nostalgia in a tub? Sleepovers, anyone?) I was convinced by the girl to try out this cleanser instead. My skin is on the more dry side of combination which can make it difficult at points. I was looking for something which will scrub away the dry patches without breaking me out or causing oiliness. The first thing you will notice is that it looks like a pot of volcanic ash which is due to the charcoal and black sugar. You take a small amount on your hand, froth it up with water and then massage it in to your skin. It's quite messy but really does the job. You can feel the black sugar and charcoal really getting into your pores and cleansing them. It is sold as a cleanser but definitely works more effectively as an exfoliator. For me, this is definitely not an everyday product. I probably use it every three days or so when my skin is particularly dry. This is a life saver when I'm in need of giving my skin back its glow when I'm looking sallow and tired. Definitely will be a repurchase!

AOES Gentle Exfoliator * - After a little research I discovered that AEOS are 100% organic which straight away ticks my boxes. This is the complete opposite to the Lush cleanser, the consistency of the exfoliator is not gritty whatsoever. As a more gentle exfoliator, I would assume it would suit a wide variety of skin types and would especially suit someone who doesn't suffer from dry skin. Although I have liked using this product I wouldn't say my mind is by any means blown. I did assume this would be reasonably priced given the small amount you receive but was shocked to see the pretty huge price tag. It's nice to use in between the Lush one to not over-do exfoliating, but I'm sure there are a lot of cleansers out there which do the same job for a smaller price tag.

What are your favourite cleansers and exfoliators? Are there any gentle exfoliators you would recommend?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

ps. "Lydia Rose XO" has been shortlisted in the Company Style Blogger Awards under the Best Personal Style Newcomer category. Click here to vote- it would mean the world! (You can skip the categories through to the end if you like to and then will be asked to enter your e-mail at the end). 
I would also love for you to nominate me for Cosmopolitan's Best Newcomer 

No comments:

Post a Comment