Monday, May 26, 2014

VINTAGE FAIRS & PRINTED DRESSES


Dress - Topshop (really old) | Sandals - New Look | Sunglasses - ASOS
Yesterday I went to a vintage fair with one of my best friends and it was so much fun. I live in a tiny little town in The Lake District where not a lot goes on whatsoever. There's definitely a vintage revival coming to our area and it's so great to have local events like these! It was held in the events hall we have which is a huge, old fashioned building which made the perfect venue. Girls were singing throughout and it really did capture the nostalgia for a gone era. It also made me want to attempt victory rolls, ha!
 I am obsessed with all things vintage. I love anything second hand and with a story to tell. Even though my career plan is to be a journalist, after visiting New York and raiding the Brooklyn thrift stores, I've had a dream in the back of my mind of starting up something of my own.
Usually I come away with quite a lot of pieces but at this event it was definitely very vintage vintage for people who dress more of a pin-up style. I think you really have to have an eye for how to make these kinds of pieces work and although I had to stop myself from buying things for friends I didn't come away with much. 
It's always hit and miss and if I don't come away with anything I always admire the pieces there anyway. I had to stop myself from buying a black velvet 70s jumpsuit - two sizes too big and slightly out of my price range but it was pretty awesome. I did buy a ridiculous vintage fluffy night gown jacket which will probably never get worn unless I do an artsy outfit post on my blog. Until then it is hung above my white furniture and looks amazing. It's definitely set off my vintage love again and I will definitely be getting to car boots and more fairs this summer.
Tonight all of my friends are home and we are going to have a garden party and make fruit cocktails. We're going to attempt to make these because I live in the middle of nowhere (designated driver problems) and also as an attempt to smooth over "I should be revising guilt". It's alright if it's a mocktail, right? 

                                   What are you getting up to this bank holiday weekend? 
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment