Sunday, August 24, 2014

THE SUNDAY CATCH UP | What Makes A "Perfect" Summer?


Do you ever feel like you put too much of your heart on the perfect summer? If there's anything freaking me out right now, it's that depending on what my next step in life is, this could be my last real summer holiday before I'm plunged into the Uni grad world in search of a full time job. Now, that is just scary, right?!
I always have so many aspirations for the summer. Counting down the days to Uni is like being on death row (okay, slightly dramatic but you should see my reading list). I've spent most of my time at Uni fighting just to keep my head above the water.
It'll be a relief when it's all over, but at the same time, I don't want it to end. Being a student is like being wrapped up in a comfort blanket before you're actually forced into real life and fending for yourself. Life without a student loan and the added pressure of becoming the ambitious success you envisioned for yourself is just terrifying.
I can't imagine getting to this time next year, finishing up third year and thinking "Okay, come at me world!" But are any graduates ever ready?! I remember being an anxious first year thinking that all of the finalists looked so much older than me and like they were so together. Now I am that finalist, and although I've got plenty of things to be proud of I don't feel "together" at all. But does anyone ever really feel that way?
Anyway, if there's anything that has made this summer "perfect", it's having that time to take the pressure off myself and just have fun doing all of the things that make me happy. Cocktail nights, lunch in organic cafes, visiting the buddhist temple, getting to live in London for a month, days out in Windermere, taking pretty photos, visiting new places, spending time with my boyfriend. Those are all of the things that count! I'll worry about being a graduate later...

What makes the summer perfect for you? Do you have Uni grad anxiety?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo
  Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment