Thursday, August 28, 2014

TODAY'S FACE: A THROWBACK TO LOLLITINT


HIGH BEAM & LOLLITINT*

Since hitting my one year of blogging anniversary this month, I've been thinking a lot about the things I've learnt about beauty, looking over my favourite products and even having a lurk through my own archive. This lead me back to Lollitint, a product that I loved at the time but quickly forgot about.
Throw back to February and Lollitint was the buzzword of the blogosphere. Benefit are kind of like marmite to beauty bloggers: they either melt your heart with their cute packaging and hyped releases, or simply drive you nuts. As for me, I'm a huge lover of Benefit (even though I didn't get on with the gel liner) and always find myself swooning over their pretty counter. When I first received Lollitint, I gushed over it's dreamy, violet shade but I have to be honest and say that it's mostly gathered dust ever since. Why? Well, all you need is to Google a swatch to see that its not for the faint hearted. It's loud, fuschia finish and way of setting on the skin before you reach for your stifling brush doesn't make it the easiest product to wear. And given that I'm not the most confident of girls at applying blush, there haven't been many days when I've felt brave enough to reach for this.
 Let's be honest, as beauty bloggers, we're super lucky to get to try out the new releases, but it's easy for us to over-hype a product we haven't actually spent our own ££ on. A lot of people bought Lollitint to be disappointed and realise that they weren't going to get much use out of it. If you do spend your hard earned cash on something and realise it doesn't quite work for you like you hoped it would, then you can take it as an opportunity to try out something different and find the ways to make it work for you. I mentioned in my original review the way I made this product work for me, but now I've found a new one.
By simply mixing a little bit of High Beam and Lollitint, you get the sweetest pink blush colour that isn't too overpowering. Another way you could do this is just to mix it in with any cream highlighter you have or even concealer. Add a little sparkle of gold to the inner corner of my eyes and a bubblegum pink lipstick and I'm good to go!
I'm really loving bubblegum pink lips and being a little more daring with colour. Recently I finished up my MAC palette and after opting for two rows of neutrals, I added in pinks, purples and coppers. There's life beyond the palette of your colour comfort zone, so try something new!

SHOP THE POST:

What do you think of this make-up look? Do you experiment with colour? Are you a fan of Benefit & Lollitint?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment