Sunday, August 23, 2015

How To Fall Back In Love With Your Blog


When you fall out of love with your blog, sometimes it feels like you'll never get that love back. Blogging has given me so many positives and opportunities and is something I'm so passionate about. But there are many reasons why we might fall out of love with blogging. For me, it was having to take a huge chunk of time off for my final year at University. After months away, it felt like I was never going to fall back in love with my blog which had always been my outlet and hobby. If you've fallen out of love with your blog, here's some ways to get back to normal...

Reflect on your most popular content 
Have a look through your archives and take some time to reflect. What has received the most views or had the most engagements? Look for the positives in your posts, what are you proud of, the writing? Photography? Unique idea?  Reflecting on your own posts will remind you how far you've come in your blogging journey and may give you the reboot needed to be inspired again.

Connect with other bloggers 
Blogging is a community and one that feels amazing to be apart of. Getting re-connected with other bloggers stops it from feeling overwhelming and even lonely.  The weekly #bbloggers chats on Wednesdays and Sundays are what helped me to grow my blog when I first started. Joining in on a few recently reminded me how much I love the community and miss being connected with the blogging world.

Change things up 
Think of your blog like a bedroom, sometimes it takes moving things around a little bit to feel like it's brand new. Your blog is a creative space which you have absolute control over, so giving it a little refresh can sometimes be just what you need. This can be anything from changing up your weekly features, creating a new photography style or getting a new blog design.

Make things easier for yourself 
Blogging can be incredibly time consuming, so when you're not feeling the love, avoid setting yourself massive tasks. Think pragmatically about how you can make your blogging process easier for yourself. I've done this by stressing less about including photos of make-up applied in a post. I can do simple product photos in 5 minutes, but the process of applying make-up and getting a good selfie can take forever. Sometimes it's something so simple that can making blogging much more enjoyable and easy.

Have you ever fallen out of love with blogging? What do you do to get re-inspired?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment