Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Palettes I Use Everyday

When it comes to make-up palettes, I'm a self-confessed hoarder. I love ones that have the do-it-all shades that you can throw in your cosmetic bag and know you're sorted with a make-up menu that fits any occasion.  I've filtered down the ones I use every day (okay, most days) - from contour, to brows, to a good range of blushes. So these are the ones always within grabbing distance...

Ah, the NAKED Basics. Everyone needs a good neutrals palette in their life. Don't under estimate the importance of some seemingly boring, neutral shades. With this, you have everything you need for a 2-minute eye look. 'Faint' is the perfect matte brown brow shade that stays put all day for simple understated brows. 'Naked 2' and 'Faint' combined together make a super quick brown smokey eye when you're on limited time. As for the white shades, you have 'Venus' to highlight inner corners, 'WOS' for the perfect matte base, and 'Foxy' with the right amount of yellow-under tone to subtly highlight the brow bone. Wack a tiny bit of 'Crave' in the outer V and you've got yourself the perfect everyday neutral eye.

I haven't stopped gushing over the Too Faced 'Cocoa Contour Kit', and for good reason. This palette really is the best multi purpose contouring product, ever.  A matte setting powder, perfect contour shades, bronzer and super pigmented highlight - I'm in love. This is a new firm favourite in my make-up routine. Full review here.

You didn't really think I could filter these down to just one contouring product, did you?  I talk about the Charlotte Tilbury 'Film Star Bronze & Glow' all the time on my blog - with its dreamy packaging, buttery bronzer and champagne gold highlight, this is a contouring dream team.  If you want your cheekbones to look chiseled and highlighted to perfection, this is the one. Full review here.

Last but not least-loved is the NARS Virtual Domination Palette. This is a limited edition palette so that I'm so glad I got my hands on.  This packs in some of NARS best seller blushes, including 'Deep Throat' along with the cult 'Laguna' bronzer. NARS is my go-to for blushes, and I absolutely love the range in this palette.

What palettes do you use everyday? Do you have any of these?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo






No comments:

Post a Comment