Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Charlotte Tilbury Nude Lip

Sexy Sienna & Pillow Talk 

Given that I confessed my undying love for Charlotte Tilbury in this post last week, you won't be surprised to see another product up for review here on LydiaRoseXO. The Charlotte Tilbury 'Matte Revolution' range has to be some of my favourite lipsticks that I've tried. With their unique geometric shape, these lipsticks are easy to apply with the squared off bullet and creamy formula. They sit like a balm on the lip whilst still giving that beautiful matte finish.
The nude lip has been the ultimate blogger buzz word since the Kylie Jenner craze blew up. I tried to love MAC's 'Velvet Teddy' and failed, hard, as it just seems to wash me out. 'Sexy Sienna' is a gorgeous golden coral which I'm way more in love with. It's been my whack on and go shade all summer, not just for the easy to wear shade but for the longevity. The creamy formula means no messy application and lasts for hours without drying. The product is enriched with orchid extract for its hydrating properties, so no crusty matte lips here!
On top of that, whilst some matte lipsticks can flatten your lips (I'm looking at you, Velvet Teddy) this range has 3D glowing pigments which you can definitely see when applied. Okay, you might be sceptical of something which claims to give a '3D effect', but I have to say, I think it works! As someone who tends to feel boring with a nude lip, 'Sexy Sienna' is the total opposite to dull, dimensionless nude lipsticks I've tried in the past. When lined with the lip cheat in 'Pillow Talk', the ultimate your-lips-but-better shade, you have the perfect nude lip combination. You can go as understated or as overstated as you like, but a poutier, plumper lip without forking out for lip injections? Yes please.
I'm seriously in love with this range and definitely want some more Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks for my vanity table. Glastonberry is next on my list!

What's your favourite nude lip combination?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment