Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Too Faced Cocoa Contour Kit | Review

Too Faced Cocoa Contour Kit 

If I had to narrow down the things I love in life, chocolate and contouring would definitely be on the list. An unlikely combination, I know, but Too Faced have got it bang on with this chocolate scented contour kit. With its buttery powders and addictive scent, this has been my go to palette all summer.
I'm forever obsessed with the wonders that contouring and highlighting can work on my face. I have too many contour kits to count, but this one is definitely at the top of my stash. Besides the fact that it smells good enough to eat, this little kit has everything you need for gorgeous, bronzed cheekbones.
'Medium Cocoa' is my dream contour shade, an ashy brown, it gives a definition to the cheekbones that can either be completely understated or built up for an ultra chiseled effect. The difference between 'Fawn' in the Anastasia Beverly Hills kit is only slight, where Anastasia blends out to be more of a HD shadow on the face, the Too Faced powder works more for a bronzed, summery look. 'Dark Cocoa' is a dark brown with an orange undertone, this is definitely too orange on my pale skin to use as a contour shade alone but works beautifully as a bronzer. I sweep it over my contour on a fluffy brush just to darken things up and add more definition. I also used it as an eyeshadow as you can see in the photo and absolutely love the smokey, orange-brown Olsen twin smokey eye it creates.
As for the highlighting powders, I am reaching for 'Light Cocao' over my Anastasia banana powder for brightening all over my face. Seriously, this is a step you just can't miss out as the effect is incredible. Stippled on with a buffing brush, the powder is amazing when applied under the eyes and cheekbones for defining your contour even more. The 'Pop of Highlight' is a really fine milled highlight with chunky bits of glitter which adds a really pretty glimmer to the cheeks. But as a girl who usually ends up looking like a disco ball from overdoing highlighter, the effect just isn't quite enough for me.
At £28.00 for four high quality powders and an angled brush, I think this is an amazing all in one kit. There are a lot of contour kits out there that come with too many shades that you just don't use, but anyone can get full use out of these four powders. Overall I am absolutely in love with this palette and would definitely recommend it to anyone wanting chiseled cheekbones!

Have you tried this? What are your favourite contour products?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo
Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment