Friday, August 14, 2015

The Base I Always Come Back To


When it comes to make-up, I have to mix things up a bit. I have my staple products that I know work, and even though I'll stray for a while, they're the ones I always come back to. Foundation is so important to get right, and what looks good on your favourite beauty Youtuber might just not look good on you. Regardless of whether it's in a pretty bottle or a hyped up new release, *sobs*. Once you've got your foundation BFF, you've got to stick together. You know what I'm saying?

For me it's always been NARS Sheer Glow in 'Gobi'. What I love about this range is that for girls like me who still resemble Casper even in the summer time, NARS have the perfect colours to accommodate. Where 'Mont Blanc' is ultra pale, 'Gobi' just has the right amount of a yellow undertone to give a glow to my pale skin. I can't speak for the other colours, but from what I've read, NARS shades get a unanimous thumbs up.

So onto the finish. This isn't a heavy duty foundation, so definitely not one for those looking to cover acne or break outs. But if you're skin isn't too troublesome, Sheer Glow has a buildable medium coverage that ticks all of my foundation boxes. Despite the misleading title, it's not actually sheer at all, but teetering on the mid point of a matte and glowy finish. There's no arguing that this foundation gives a flawless base, without the heavy and cakey feeling of a high coverage foundation.

Of course, I couldn't leave out the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer. What I love about this product is that it's a concealer and highlighter in one, and actually does both things perfectly, unlike a lot of concealers I've tried. I absolutely love the finish of this when applied as a V-shape under my eyes to conceal dark circles and highlight my face. I always go for the lightest colour 'Chantily' which is perfect for highlighting.

What is the base that you always come back to? Have you tried these?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment