Thursday, August 27, 2015

Skin Saviours

Beauty blogger confession #1: I am super lazy with skincare.  You won't find an impressive skincare stash in my beauty drawers, I'd much rather spend my money on make-up instead. Being honest, I don't really believe in 99% of skincare claims. My resolution this year was to get into something I can call a "skincare routine" - and I've actually done pretty well with keeping it up. When you have mostly "normal skin" minus some pesky blackheads (ick) and dry patches, it's easy to not put the time into giving your skin the love it needs. But since using this line-up of products, my skin is so much more glowy and healthy. So here are the ones I'm reaching for lately...

First up is the Origins Zero Oil Deep Pore Cleanser. I've never been disappointed with an Origins product. I love that they use natural ingredients and feel safe knowing I'm not putting any unnecessary chemicals on my skin. With its combination of Saw Palmetto for keeping oiliness at bay and mint, this cleanser leaves your skin feeling incredibly clean and refreshed. I definitely notice a difference in blackheads when using this regularly. It's a cleanser and exfoliator in one as the salyclic acid gently exfoliates dead skin cells away, too, which is always a plus!

As for toners, the Pixi Glow Tonic is one of my holy grails.  If you're a regular reader of beauty blogs, then you'll probably have seen all of the rave reviews on this.Whilst a lot of toners are packed full of alcohol which removes your skin's natural protective barrier, the main glow tonic ingredients are aloe vera and ginseng, making it an incredibly gentle product. It is an exfoliating toner, so not only wipes away the excess dirt and make-up left over after cleansing, but the 5% glycolic acid helps to remove dead skin cells for plumper and brighter skin. This is a product I never miss out.

When it comes to moisturiser, I love light-weight, gel products that sink in quickly. This Ultimate Hydra Perfection* moisturiser by Racinne ticks all my boxes as it's light but still hydrating. When my skin needs a bit of extra help, the Gentle Refining Scrub Mask* is perfect for scrubbing away dry patches and leaving your skin more radiant.

Face oils are a product you can easily skip out and see as unnecessary, but this one from Radiance Face Oil by Balance Me* is one of the dreamiest skincare products I've used, ever. A lot of people tend to be scared of oils, but with 100% natural ingredients, this is a little elixir in a bottle. I apply this once a week (or when I remember) before going to sleep and wake up with radiant and glowing skin.  For those mornings where you just can't deal with life, an eye gel can be a god send. I'm in love with this Puff Off Gel by Benefit*, with its little novelty iron applicator, it's amazing for cooling and soothing beneath the eyes

Phew! So that's my skincare line-up. What are you loving at the moment? Have you tried any of these?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment