Monday, July 14, 2014

A NEW FOUNDATION BRUSH | SIGMA FLAT KABUKI F80


For the past two years, there has only been one foundation brush on my dressing table - the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. A beauty blogger's favourite, it's a great starter foundation brush that's perfect for buffing in your foundation. But when Sigma offered for me to join their affiliate programme, it was something I just couldn't refuse! I've had a Sigma brush set Pinned to my Wishlist since FOREVER so I couldn't wait to try out their products.
So when this arrived on my doorstep, you can bet your stash of lipsticks that I was excited. And y'know what? I haven't reached for my beloved Real Techniques brush since. Surprise! Now I'm not saying that it isn't a great tool for foundation application, because it is. But if you're wanting to move up in the beauty tool chain, this is somewhere near the top. 
Sigma's brushes are famous because they're made out of 'Synthetic Sigmax bristles'. Now I'm not going to pretend to know what that means, but I can tell you that this brush feels amazingly soft. The bristles are really dense which means no streaks or uneven application. What I love most about this brush is the flat top. I stipple on my foundation and then buff it in which always makes my base looks flawless. It allows you to get the full effect of your product which is great for me as I opt for light coverage foundations in the summer. I also feel it gives tinted moisturisers a much fuller coverage. 
The only problem I have had with the brush is getting it clean. Whilst the Real Techniques Buffing Brush doesn't require a lot of effort to deep clean - this does. The only problem with a brush with dense bristles is that the product seems to get stuck which means you have to clean it quite a few times. So if you do buy it, be prepared!

What's your favourite foundation brush? Have you tried Sigma?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment