Friday, July 25, 2014

THE SUMMER SKIN SAVIOUR | URBAN DECAY SETTING SPRAY

Urban Decay Chill Make-Up Setting Spray - £20.00

Let me tell you, I've never really believed in make-up setting sprays. I've toyed with the idea of them plenty of times but always settled that they're just expensive bottles of water. But my problem? Make-up just seems to melt off my face. I'll leave the house singing the praises of a new base product only to find it oxides all over my skin and rubs away. My face just eats up make-up. And it's not pretty. So that's where the UD Setting Spray comes in...

You might be thinking that surely a primer is a better option for this. But I'm a self-confessed lazy girl when it comes to skincare and an extra step after moisturiser just feels like too much. So, a primer is just a no-go. But a product you apply after you've finished your master piece? Now that's something I can remember.
There's three different versions; the all-nighter (a cult favourite), the de-slick (for oil control) and the chill. I impulse bought 'Chill' purely for the cooling factor. In the summer months nothing feels more refreshing than spritzing something cold on your skin. This was a must-have when I was interning in London and applying my make up at 7am and not getting into the house at night until 11pm. Whenever I forgot to apply this product, trust me, it showed. I'd had the spray for quite sometime but it was only from these long days that I realised the full-effect of the product. It seriously worked.
If I spritzed it a few times my make-up stayed in place perfectly and I had nada problems with patchy foundation. Another thing I love about it is that it also leaves your make up looking visibly refreshed. I always set my make-up with a powder which can look and feel heavy on the skin. After spraying, it seems to leaves my base visibly less matte and more naturally dewy. Oh, and the relief when you pull this out of your bag, feeling hot and flustered after getting sticky on the tube or melting in the city is just bliss.
You can also use it as a primer, but I have to say, I really don't like how the product feels on naked skin. The residue feels like a sticky hairspray but with a full face of make-up, you don't get the stickyness, just a cooling, hydrating relief. It's also magical for pigments or eyeshadows where you might experience fall-out, just a spritz on your brush and the product lasts and will.not.budge.
Post-purchase, I realised that the all-nighter tends to get a bigger thumbs up from the bblogosphere than any of the others for really making your make-up stick. So if you're planning a holiday or tend to go for really 'out-there' make up, it might be worth considering that version instead. But for me, keeping my every-day make up in place and providing a cool, refreshing feeling on application, it's perfect.

Have you tried a setting spray before?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo
Follow on Bloglovin
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | FACEBOOK 

No comments:

Post a Comment