Sunday, July 6, 2014

LONDON PHOTO DIARY | COMPANY INTERNSHIP, BOURJOIS EVENT, SHOREDITCH


Hey guys! So I thought I would try out something a little bit different and do a photo diary. As some of you might already know, I'm interning with Company Magazine so have moved to London for the month. I've actually just finished up my second week there, I can't believe how quickly it's gone! I was hoping to document my time here a little bit more, but I literally haven't sat down on my Macbook for two weeks. Yep, two weeks. Working 9-5 every day and then being out until 12pm at every night - I have sure as hell been making the most of my time in my favourite city! Safe to say I have a new appreciation for bloggers who run their blogs full time with their jobs (how do you do it girls, seriously?!) Anyway, I've been having the time of my life and have been taking my camera everywhere with me to document it...

First up, on the Wednesday of my first week it was the Company Rising Stars Party. I was already invited to this as a blogger but Gem from Company also invited me along. It was at the Queen of Hoxton where I actually went with bloggers before the Company Blog Awards. There was an outdoor BBQ and rooftop bar, and Company's 'Rising Stars' performed who were amaaazing (or should I say, amazeballs in true Company Style?). It was lovely to be able to drink a few cocktails with the Company team and get to know them more outside of work. It definitely helped with my nerves and settling in the first week! They gave me so much amazing advice and it definitely made me even more determined to make the most of my placement and give it 100%, which I do think I've been doing... Anyway, I'll be writing a lot more in depth on my internship soon!
After having beautiful weather all week, by the weekend it decided to be as rainy as the North, just in time for all the things I had planned to do in London with Ryan. We still tried to make the most of it though... Saturday night was spent in Camden where we visited the World's End Pub which is one of the coolest places, ever. So much goth girl nostalgia. Outfit post coming this week!
London was rainy chaos on the Saturday as Pride was on so after a pretty stressful day of battling with barricaded-off Oxford st, I dragged Ryan to the World Food Cafe. Unless you're a veggie / vegan foodie you will not get my excitement for going here. I've been wanting to go since I read Deliciously Ella raving about it and it totally lived up to expectations. Again, I'll be posting more about it later as I'm planning on doing a round up of my favourite healthy eating places in London.
On Sunday we headed to Shoreditch to check out the markets, but again it rained so that put a bit of a downer on our day. As a fully fledged carnivore Ryan was still vowing revenge for having to spend £8.50 on a cheese sandwich in the World Food Cafe, so naturally I got dragged to Byron Burger...
And ended up with something that looked like this. I guess it's only fair. But a greasy portobello mushroom in between butter soaked white McDonalds tasting buns and sugary drinks... Not my thing. Sorry Byron Burger but you don't get my vote.
Ryan was pretty content after eating about 8 different farm animals in one sitting, though. #HappyBoyfriend

My second week in London was even more busy. I caught up with my best friend from my first high school who I hadn't seen in 6 years since moving away (!) and also hung out with one of my friends who I met when interning at Fashion Week, but I'll be doing a special post on that next week as we went to Benefit's Gabbi's Head Pub (omg, you need to go!). But what you really want to hear about is the Bourjois event...
The event was held on top of Global Radio in Leicester Square which was one of the most amazing locations, ever. Sipping Pimms with the London eye in view and getting to try out Bourjois products? Blogger heaven. I nearly didn't come to this as my +1 sadly couldn't make it and I get really awkward going to things on my own. But I'm really glad I did - London should be all about trying new things and putting yourself in potentially awks situations. Just go for it, when you do, you rarely regret it. I sat down with some bloggers who were all super lovely and got chatting to The Sunday Girl who I unashamedly flailed over -facepalm-.
I got my nails done with the prettiest view in London. I didn't manage to get any photos but you can see on my Instagram here! My favourite part of this event (besides the fondue) was without a doubt the Psychic Sisters who were doing lipstick lipreadings. Testing out the Bourjois products whilst getting a psychic reading?  Genius. I'm a sucker for anything like this and was chatting to Wendy from Psychic Sisters for ages. I know a lot of people are skeptics which I totally understand. But I really could not get over the things Wendy was saying. I didn't tell her a word about myself and she told me so many intimately personal details about my personality that you just couldn't make it. I looked them up online and it turns out they're pretty huge worldwide! Thumbs up, Bourjois!
So after an awesome event, I headed away with a super generous goodie bag full of Bourjois products which I can't wait to try out. Stay tuned as they will be appearing on my blog this month! 
If you've got to the end of this, kudos. I didn't want all of these photos to go unused so thought a photo diary would be pretty fun! Let me know if you liked reading it or would want to see more :)
Lydia Rose,
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment