Thursday, July 17, 2014

HAIRCARE HAUL

It was just a boring Sunday night. I had a list full of products from #bbloggers chat, a bucket load of self-pity and a bank card within reach. You already know what happened. Let's just say LookFantastic seriously benefited from my ugly day. If you follow me on Twitter you'll know that I've been having some serious hair troubles. I've always had long, thick and naturally wavy hair where I've just had to swoop my fringe to the side and be good to go. Combine a serious period of stress with a hairdresser who didn't listen when I said "I DON'T WANT LAYERS" and you get the source of my current #firstworldproblem. Basically I've had to have 2 inches chopped off and haaate it. So, I ordered a load of beauty products to make myself feel better. Problem solved? Not quite. But (most) of these have been making my hair happy lately...


 Bumble & Bumble Creme De Coco Shampoo and Conditioner £18.50 each
I can't believe that I am actually that person who spent this much on shampoo. But there is nothing I love more than a coconut scent, it's that happy, summery holiday smell. Mmmm. I wanted something to really nourish my hair and give it the intensive love it needed so I've really been loving using these. There is something so luxury about them, although I do feel immediate guilt and wonder how much money every little drop is worth as I lather my hair. You only need a small amount of it to go a long way and it definitely does leave your hair feeling AMAZING. My only pointer would be if you do have damaged hair, I've found it's good to switch up your shampoo( I've seen also bought protein rich shampoo to alternate). Also, reverse-washing is *magical*.

Redken All Soft Supple Touch £12.95
 Redken are usually a safety net when it comes to haircare. No matter what you purchase from them, you know it'll be good. But with this product, it just wasn't what I was expected. I'm always on the search for that all-in-one. I basically want a product which detangles, nourishes, heat protects AND adds volume so that I don't have to use multiple products on my hair to stop it looking weighed down. Okay, so I don't think anyone has actually invented that yet. But from reviews, I did expect it to protect, detangle and leave it feeling fabulous. But I haven't really found that it's made a significant difference to the condition of my hair or made it easier to brush through when it's wet. So, meh, Redken - not feeling this one. But I'll keep using it a little more before a final review.

Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray £19.45
This is JUST amazing. I always use an oil on my hair but this is so much better for giving your hair shine without weighing it down. You just have to make sure you spritz it from quite far away other wise you will end up with a greasy streak, which is never cute. It tones down that post-blow dry frizz and makes your hair feel amazing.

Have you tried any of these? What products are you loving right now?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment