Thursday, July 31, 2014

BUILDING UP A MAC PALETTE #3 | PATINA, AMBER LIGHTS, MULCH


I told you in this post that it was going to be a long, drawn out process. An update on my quest for the perfect MAC palette is long overdue. I actually purchased these shades a few months back where I added the three colours sat on the magazine: Mulch, Amberlights and PatinaIn the rest of my palette (working down the rows) is Gleam, All That Glitters, Embark and Woodwinked.

So, here's the low down on my three newest shades:
Mulch (Velvet) - Think Woodwinked's older, goth sister. A shimmery, dark chocolate brown, it's been my go-to for nights out.
Amber Lights (Frost) - Amber Lights is pretty much how it looks in the pan. Way more sophisticated than Half Baked in your Naked Palette, it makes gold eyes something magical but wearable. It's easy to work but my favourite way to wear is in the outer corners under a matte shadow.
Patina (Frost) - A one sweep wonder that is easily overlooked as not one of MAC's most eye grabbing eyeshadows. The colour is hard to describe, taupe, gold, silver?! It varies on skin tone. On my super pale skin it's a light gold-brown with a delicate shimmer running through it. An easy, natural shade to perk up your eyes when you don't have time to spend on your make-up.

After watching various Youtube videos and lurking the palette of all of my favourite beauty bloggers, I've come up with my idea of the perfect palette. Now that I'm raring to go with my birthday Selfridges gift card since turning 20, I think I'm only one more visit to The Bullring in Birmingham from a full palette. *Squeals*. So what's left? On the top of my list is a light matte brown (I'm thinking Espresso), a matte white, a wearable pink, some more golds, a peachy brown and a one or two daring shades.

What do you think of my latest additions? What are your favourite MAC shades and are there any you'd recommend?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment