Sunday, July 13, 2014

SUNDAY CATCH UP | A TRIP TO BENEFIT'S GABBI'S HEAD PUB



Happy Sunday! I hope you guys are feeling better than me. Week 3 into my internship, I got really sick and had to take a day off. Worst timing ever, right? I guess being a farm girl means my immune system just isn't up to London. I tried to recuperate by watching Orange Is The New Black all day (best thing ever) and went straight back on the Friday only to realise that I felt like the tube had ran me over. So I took another half day and slept again. I really hate being ill, it's the most frustrating thing, especially when you're in London... I'm feeling better now so hoping I can do my fourth week properly. If you have any weird and wonderful suggestions for flu / cold / exhaustion type sickness, fire away! 
Anyway, my third week hasn't been so great as I've mostly been in bed, ill. But last week Lizzie and I went for cocktails at Benefit's pub, Gabbi's Head. Girl heaven. It feels like a traditional, English pub but it's all pink decor with a brow bar and where the make up artists let you top up your Hoola at will. Perfect. The cocktails were actually really reasonably priced in London terms, too, so you can't complain. If I was a full time London gal this would definitely be my weekend hang out. I wish it wasn't just a temporary thing for the World Cup! 
This weekend I've mostly been saving my energy, but on Saturday afternoon I finally got my hair sorted out which actually made me feel a lot better mentally. I had 2 inches taken off it which was really upsetting but totally necessary. It turns out that although my hair has been thinning, it had also been overly layered and just royally messed up. I'm sure lots of you relate when I say that it's hard to trust hairdressers. I don't really understand how someone can train so much at their trade and just ignore everything you say.. So if you're ever in London, I would definitely recommend Headmasters in Soho. Expensive but they really listen and give you a lot of advice and do what you ask. Afterwards we went for some noodles in China town before heading to the theatre to see Let The Right One In, a vampire horror movie turned play. We both love vampires (so goff) and I really didn't feel like going out so this was the perfect Saturday night.

What have you been up to? Have you been to Gabbi's Head before?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment