Sunday, July 20, 2014

THE SUNDAY CATCH UP | SUNDAY IN SHOREDITCH & 4 WEEKS IN LONDON HIGHLIGHTS


So my time in London has now come to an end! I'm going to miss my morning walk through Carnaby Street to the Hearst offices and having the best city in the world on my door step. I spent my last night hanging out with Lizzie where we went to another amazing vegetarian restaurant and then a few Kopparbergs in a cute pub. We were walking through Leicester Square and it suddenly hit me that I'll be back to living in a farm town and battling it out at Warwick for another year. Real life sucks, doesn't it? But it's all about having an end goal. With the things I've achieved this year I'm a firm believer in that if you REALLY want to make something happen, then you can. Working at Company has done a hell of a lot for me. I feel infinitely more confident in what I can do and proud of myself for overcoming situations where I felt totally out of my depth. If you ever need a confidence boost - dip your toes in a fashion magazine. You'll come out with a way thicker skin! Anyway, here's some photo highlights... 


Last Sunday Ryan came to stop with me and so we spent Sunday in Shoreditch. First stop was Brick Lane, Rough Trade and rummaging through vinyls, then searching through all of the vintage stalls. I nearly bought this fringed kimono but decided it was too much ££ and now I can't get it out of my head. Gahh.

If you've ever walked through Brick Lane then you'll know that there's a strip of Indian restaurants which all compete against each other to give you the most food for the cheapest price. Veggie korma, coconut rice, peshwari naans and poppadoms for £10? Now that's something I just can't refuse. Indian food is my life, haha. Ryan is also toying with the idea of starting a blog so it was pretty fun to do someone else's outfit photos. I will now remind myself to be much nicer to the people I make squat down in the middle of the street to get the right angle. It was funny too because we found the perfect location for what he was wearing without even searching for it.

Derping around with Lizzie! This was such a fun weekend. I stopped at her flat in Clapham where we went out, had too much tequila and danced to Iggy Azalea. In the morning we walked to Brixton and had the most amazing Latin American brunch.
Gabbi's Head for Benetinis. The perfect girly hang out, and they're keeping it open a little longer! 
Of course, I tried and tested out pretty much every vegetarian / vegan restaurant in London. This cacao smoothie in The Wild Food Cafe was heaven. I'll be posting about my favourite ones sometime this week!

What have you been up to lately? Where are your favourite places in London?
Lydia Rose,
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment